Wireless lavalier microphone recommendations?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by macfilm, Jan 7, 2014.

1. macfilm macrumors regular

Hi, I'm looking for a good wireless lavalier microphone to be used with a Canon HF G30. Ideally with a price under £300.

Thanks for any recommendations :)

2. mBox macrumors 68020

Were enjoying our Tram TR-50s.
    Not sure what the price are.

3. handsome pete macrumors 68000

Are you looking for just the mic or a lav kit (with mic, transmitter, receiver, etc.)?

Your options (and especially quality) are going to be extremely limited if you're looking for an entire kit.

4. macfilm thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry yes I should have mentioned that I will need a full kit with receiver/transmitter.

Why will the options be so limited?

Thanks

5. handsome pete macrumors 68000

I read your original post wrong and didn't see that it wasn't in US dollars. That being said, your budget is a little higher than I thought so you're not as limited as I suggested.

However, that budget area is still considered low-medium so there still are limitations there. I've gotten decent results from Sony and Sennheiser kits. Here are a couple:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/553681-REG/Sony_UWP_V1_3032_UWP_V1_Wireless_Lavalier_Microphone.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/649983-REG/Sennheiser_EW112PG3_G_EW112_p_G3_Camera_Mount.html

And I've never worked with Shure lav systems before, but have had good experiences with their other gear. They have kits in that budget area as well.

6. macfilm thread starter macrumors regular

7. boch82 macrumors 6502

I second the seinheiser kit have 2 of them and they work great...been using the g3 kit since 2010

8. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I'll third the seinheiser. I have the ENG combo for the stick mic plus the lav. Great kit! Very easy to use.
    The included lav is also pretty good. Much better then I would have thought