Wireless mice

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Narcosynthesis, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Narcosynthesis macrumors member

I am looking to get a wireless mouse for my macbook - the touchscreen sadly just isn't really accurate enough for photo work and the likes - and was looking at a few options, and was wondering if anyone would be able to add a few opinions and help my choice...

Looking locally I have found the Logitech v450 and v470 which both look to fit the bill, but am not really sure if one is obviously better over the other...

As far as I can see, the v450 is rf, so fills a USB port, but is cheaper (and also looks nicer)
    The v470 is bluetooth rather than rf, so I gain back a USB port, but at the expense of what?

Are there any other differences in reliability and connection, or in the battery life between the two technologies?

2. munkery macrumors 68020

munkery

Go with the bluetooth mouse. I have a wireless mighty mouse and would never go back to a mouse using a usb receiver.

I haven't noticed any diff in battery life; if anything the bluetooth mouse was better. I feel the bluetooth connectivity is better.

3. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I've used bluetooth mice for years now and I love them. So much cleaner than having a USB stick on the side of your Macbook.

4. Narcosynthesis thread starter macrumors member

Alternatively, any other good alternatives for a mouse at around the same price as the Logitech v470? I chose those in the original post as I found some of the Logitech line locally (though after some research, not the v470 anyway) so I have no need to stick to Logitech...

All I am after is a simple mouse for quicker use and more accuracy than the trackpad gives, and preferably with a good battery life.

5. munkery macrumors 68020

munkery

I really like the mighty mouse. I would spend the extra and get one. But other people say they don't care for them. Sorry for being vague.

6. Narcosynthesis thread starter macrumors member

I was avoiding the mighty mouse based on what I have read - a good unit by all means, but not worth the excess you will pay over something like the Logitech...

7. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

I've been thinking about this one from Targus, the only reason is that instead of a little ball or scroll wheel it has a laser on top for scrolling and even has a programmable side button for Expose.

8. jgunn macrumors regular

The mighty mouse is horrible. You have to raise your left finger to click the right mouse button. Very annoying. The bluetooth logitech is ok but the centre click wheel is a bit stiff. My fav is the microsof bluetooth. Works a treat but try them out in the store and see which one you like. Really though, avoid the mighty mouse, it's the one apple product I wish I had never bought.

9. Soop53 macrumors regular

Soop53

I love both the wireless mice and keyboard.

Unfortunately, my scroll button on my mice decided to quit working. I called Apple yesterday morning and will have a new one out by tomorrow. No questions asked.

Actually, I have had nothing but the best service from Apple...and I have had my opportunities to judge service...Dell, Micron, Microsoft, Gateway, DishTV, and DirecTV...etc.

I still love my mice.

10. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

I think there's gonna be a new Mighty Mouse out during Macworld 09. Maybe that's a good option and it's bluetooth too :).

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I've been very happy with my Logitech VX Nano. It has the smallest USB receiver available, which you can leave plugged in even with the MBP in a sleeve. I get great battery life from it, too... typically 3-4 months.