Wireless MightMouse lag? :((

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by vinyls, Feb 25, 2009.

1. vinyls macrumors member

Basically i received my MM today in the post and got it set up and running.. thinking about it now i didnt even use the CD to set it up.

i put the CD in to set it up.. clicked on the wireless logo.. and found the mouse quickly so i just ejected the cd without using it and packed it away...

anyways so iv been using it for about an hour now and im NOT happy with its responsiveness ATALL!! its laggy!! im used to a perfect mouse just moving across the screen seamlessly!! but this one seems to look fine, but every, lets say 10cm of movement it will slow down a bit and then speed up?!?!

this is seriously unacceptable froma £50 mouse when iv been using a £20 laser mouse before and it was perfect!!

now have i set it up wrong? the batteries are new so it cant be them and the charge level is at the top.. is it my surface? (tried it on a mouse mat so cant be)

PLEASEEE any1.. i would appreciate it sooo much THANKS

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

It's not that it's laggy, but that Windows mice are too hyper.
    Go to the mouse preference pane and turn the tracking speed higher if you really don't like it slow.

3. vinyls thread starter macrumors member

No my friend its laggy.. i have tracking speak up max and its will move fast.. slow down for a second then speed up again.. if it didnt slow down i would love it to bits!

4. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

see my thread -- I have the same problem.

5. harry454 macrumors 6502

6. vinyls thread starter macrumors member

aghh so there is no fix that you know of so far?? if you find out, let me know :)

sorry?? what do you mean?

7. vinyls thread starter macrumors member

I would like to add that i notice the lag/chopping most while moving slowly.. like while trying to click on a small icon or the close button on the top left..

it actaully becomes a bit of a challenge once near to the icon to actually lock onto it before clicking.

8. collinvandyck macrumors newbie

I had to sell mine. Way too laggy. Try getting a VX Nano Revolution instead. Similarly priced but much, much better. The receiver, while not bluetooth, is very small and virtually unobtrusive. Great responsiveness from the VX Nano.

9. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

I bought a Bluetooth MM with my Mac Pro, and the tracking speed on it absolutely sucked. Even set at max, I would have to pick up my mouse and move it over at least 2 or 3 times to get all the way across the screen.

Needless to say, I got a Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse combo, and no more trouble :)

10. svndmvn Guest

no problems with mine, has anyone tried steermouse or other similar options?