Wireless Mighty Mouse alternatives

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by GuillaumeB, May 27, 2008.

1. GuillaumeB macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

Hi all,

So I'm tired of cleaning my Wireless Mighty Mouse everyday and actually it does not work anymore.
    I feel like buying another mouse.
    Can anyone advise me a good wireless mouse that's gonna fit perfectly with my MBP? What alternatives have you found?

Thanks a lot

2. GoGoPoCoSo macrumors newbie

My personal choice is the Logitech VX Nano. Not only is it small (but not too small), portable, and wireless, but the wireless adapter is so small you can just leave it in your laptop and "forget about it". And it's at a fairly good price (I got mine for $50). It also has excellent reviews from CNet if that means anything to you.

3. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

I have been looking around for a new mouse as well and have found that the Logitech MX Revolution is pretty sweet. Top of the line mouse yes, but well worth the money.

It is going for less than $40 (after rebate) on Buy.com.

4. GuillaumeB thread starter macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

Thanks for your replies but will i HAVE to use the USB port to plug the wireless connector. Can't i just use the built-in Bluetooth system of the macBook Pro and simply install the drivers if needed.

What would be the point to get a wireless mouse if it nevertheless will have to take one of my USB ports? (and as we all know the MBP only has 2 of them..)

5. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

For the 2 mentioned above, no, they do not support BT. They both will take up a USB port with the little dongle thing.

Sometimes you need to make sacrifices though. From what I hear, the MX Revo is well worth the sacrifice.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I share your pain! I didn't want to use a USB port for a mouse, especially with Bluetooth capabilities built-in to the MBP. I don't like the ergonomics of the Apple Mighty Mouse and ergonomics is vital in a mouse (my CTS is already bad enough!) Logitech, my favorite mouse manufacturer, sadly hasn't fully embraced Bluetooth in its product line. It appears they have only one Bluetooth model, the V470 and it's ugly, in my opinion.

I opted for the VX Nano, figuring that I'll use my mouse a lot more than anything else I would need the USB port for (my external drive uses the Firewire 800), and if I have to temporarily plug something else into the USB port, I can use the trackpad for a short time.

Logitech V470 Bluetooth
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/3287&cl=us,en

Logitech VX Nano USB
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/3271&cl=us,en

Attached Files:

7. SamoanDude macrumors regular

I use the V740. It's not a bad mouse, but at $40, it feels a little cheaper more like a $15 mouse. And sometimes (on occasion) it loses connection which is a paid. But it doesn't take up a USB port which I am happy about!

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I have V470, VX Revolution, and MX Revolution; so far I think the VX Revolution is the most usable; I don't like the slight lag in Bluetooth mice; the MX Revolution is just not portable.

9. brokoli macrumors member