Wireless Mighty Mouse Battery Life

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Gwillyc, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Gwillyc macrumors newbie

This might just be the way I use my mouse.... BUT still.....

I am going through new batteries at least once a week at the moment on my wireless mighty mouse. Has anyone else notice this terrible battery life?

In comparison, I have changed my batteries in my wireless keyboard once in the last 6 months!

AHHH!:mad:

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Don't buy the cheapest batteries available... :p

Batteries that came with my iMac lasted for ~3 months

3. charlesbronsen macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

I actually just went through a pack of energizer's in like a month and they are good batteries. Before that I had cheap no names from No Frills and they lasted twice as long for half the price.

4. Gwillyc thread starter macrumors newbie

Well Ive just invested in some rechargeable batteries which are the way to go at the moment for me I think. Unless its actually a fault with the mouse and Apple want to give me a new one....

Infact I think my accessories are covered under my AppleCare protection plan so I may try and get a newer one...

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Yes, they have the same warranty. I doubt Apple will give you new one because your current eats your batteries

6. fehhkk macrumors 6502a

fehhkk

Yeah, the Energizer Lithiums that came with the mouse, lasted me a good 1 1/2 months of everyday use. I put in regular Energizers about a couple weeks ago, and batteries are down to 60% in 2 weeks. Seems I'll stick with better batteries next time.

7. Aadhil macrumors regular

I was gonna get the wireless MM but then decided to get the wireless kensington media mouse. It's reputed to get 6 months of battery life :D