Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rasheem

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2006
I think my wireless mighty mouse which i bought about 5months ago is broken. Its not a major issue but it is something i highly enjoy and hope i can get it fixed. The scroll ball wont scroll down. It works in every other direction but it was a wierd all of the sudden type thing. It was working and then i went to take a shower and when i returned it didn't. I turned it off and back on again but that didn't help. Any other suggestions. I have the extended warranty on my mac pro which i bought at the same time as the mouse/keyboard will this be covered? please help!!

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
I think my wireless mighty mouse which i bought about 5months ago is broken. Its not a major issue but it is something i highly enjoy and hope i can get it fixed. The scroll ball wont scroll down. It works in every other direction but it was a wierd all of the sudden type thing. It was working and then i went to take a shower and when i returned it didn't. I turned it off and back on again but that didn't help. Any other suggestions. I have the extended warranty on my mac pro which i bought at the same time as the mouse/keyboard will this be covered? please help!!

Unplug the mouse. Take a clean damp cloth and rub in all direction on the rubber ball several times. Let it dry and plug it in - it should work.

I have to do this every few months, I use my mouse for over 10 hours a day though:)

Rasheem

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2006
Unplug the mouse. Take a clean damp cloth and rub in all direction on the rubber ball several times. Let it dry and plug it in - it should work.

I have to do this every few months, I use my mouse for over 10 hours a day though:)

GOod job!!!! It works. THank you so much. One question though does this indicate any thing that could be wrong with the hardware inside?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.