wireless mighty mouse discontinued?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by boxlight, Aug 14, 2007.

1. boxlight macrumors member

Hi -- just called a photo equipment store to see if they have the Wireless Mighty Mouse in stock. He said they have one left and it's on sale because it is a "discontinued model".

Has anyone else heard this? Is the wireless mighty mouse being replaced by a new model? If so, I'll wait an buy the new one.

2. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

I'd be surprised. It's still available at the Apple Store UK but who knows?

3. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

I think that's all the explanation you need right there. You really think a third-party store -- especially one that's not even a computer store -- actually has any clue about Apple's product plans? Probably not. I'm sure they're mistaken. If there was going to be a new mouse, wireless or otherwise, it would have been introduced last week with the new iMacs.

4. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

It could also be discontinued by them -- not enough sales. It's not the kind of product too many average users are going to order (i.e., the kind who buy computer products at a photo store). The typical consumer is going to stick with what came with the computer. The savvy person will order from Apple or a computer retailer.

5. Mydel macrumors 6502a

Mydel

Or maybe they will update it to match new keyboard design and new iMacs??

6. MacPossum macrumors 6502

MacPossum

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=16373157&nplm=MB111LL/A

It's still here. What Apple did was change the side buttons to white instead of gray.

7. boxlight thread starter macrumors member

That's probably it, then. The "photo" store is actually a very technically astute place and part of a huge chain -- and they have a large selection of Mac stuff.

The guy seemed pretty sure that the mouse was a "discontinued model" so it appears there is actually a new model number because of the color change. Hmm ... I wonder if Apple improved the scrollball mechanism with this change.

Regardless, the mouse was only said for nearly half-price so I picked it up anyway. :)

8. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Gasp...but now you have the *old* model with the gray side buttons..it's out of date!! :p

9. JimmyDreams macrumors 6502

If it's discontinued, no one told Apple....I just ordered one with my new iMac yesterday!!:D

JimmyD
    :apple::apple::apple::apple:

10. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Seems like an odd reason to update the mouse, just for the colour of the side buttons. Maybe they have changed something else about it? I wonder if they fixed the scroll-nipple so it doesn't get as clogged as before.