Wireless Mighty Mouse Fails ! ! !

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by lugesm, Jun 8, 2008.

1. lugesm macrumors 6502a

lugesm

I have owned a wireless "Mighty Mouse" for less than 6 months, and I loved the product.

Yesterday, after I changed the batteries (same Lithium batteries), the small trackball on top stopped working. Everything else works as it should.

The batteries are not bad; they read 100% on the iStat pro widget.

This is the first mouse that has ever failed in 15+ years of computing. What gives? Has anyone else seen this kind of problem?

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Sometimes you have to clean the track ball. I've ran into this problem a couple of times with mine. I've taken a dry paper towel and rubbed it over it several times in all directions to get it working again. Good luck.

3. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Sometimes you have to clean the track ball. I've ran into this problem a couple of times with mine. I've taken a dry paper towel and rubbed it over it several times in all directions to get it working again. Good luck.

4. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

yea hes right, its no big problem. i get this problem now and then. just hold the mouse upside down and roll the ball every which way to get any gunk off. also blow into that area when you push down to blow and dust off. Good Luck

5. lugesm thread starter macrumors 6502a

lugesm

Thank you both for the support. IT WORKED ! ! !

In addition, I found a YouTube item that provides detailed instructions on how to disassemble this mouse to clean the ball and the four rollers underneath.

Disassembly is too dramatic if cleaning from the top works all the time, but I suspect that I will eventually have to clean the insides also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap-Kt_9k3ME

Thanks again,
    L

6. jonnytruant macrumors member

jonnytruant

same here I had the same problem and I just dissembled the mouse myself and cleaned the parts underneath. You wouldn't believe the amount of dirt that gets in there. That should solve your problem.

:apple:Jonny:apple: