Wireless Mighty Mouse is great!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Morod, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

Just got my wireless MM about an hour ago and it really works good! My first time with a wireless and I was dreading dead spots, lagging response, and who knows what else. But no problems at all. With the two batteries in it the mouse has some heft. I was using the wired MM plugged into the keyboard, but the wire kept getting in the way, so I am very glad I got this. And I actually prefer the Might Mouse feel and style to other mice. Just gotta clean the ball often.
    Also got the AEBS today but I haven't set that up yet. I'm hoping for the same ease of setup and quality found in this little guy. Highly recommended! :)
    Morod

2. macsrules macrumors regular

I am probably going to get bashed for this but oh well. I use to use a mouse back in the day but I could never go back to the mouse now, not even if it is wireless and talks to me :). Why would you want to push something around your desk? I use a trackball and love it. They use to be really expensive but now you can pick a new one up for 20 bucks. I use this one and it rocks.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/trackballs/devices/156&cl=us,en

3. ceehjayem macrumors regular

I love the Mighty Mouse as well. Makes life a lot easier if you use it with a desktop or any pre-MacBook Air pads.

4. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

Why get bashed? Mouse makers make different mice because there is a need for different mice. I think that ball would drive me nuts, props to you for ability to use it.

5. freezerburrn macrumors member

Hmm, I find my wireless MMs to be less responsive then a wired MM but glad you like yours. Perhaps Apple updated the newer wireless MMs? I bought mine with my Mac Pro in September of 2006.

6. Poseidon macrumors regular

Poseidon

Since someone brought this up: how exactly do you clean the wired MM? I was poking around it, hoping to do so since mine seems a bit sluggish but I couldn't figure it out.

7. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=302417

Or I turn it upside down and roll it vigorously on a sheet of clean white paper.

8. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

yup i love my wireless MM too! i use it on a old stained oak desk without a mouse pad. just make sure you clean you desk down every now and again as i find grime can make the mouse lag a bit. i also find that it starts to lag a bit when its low on battery but a quick battery change and its fine!

9. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

If you don't like the weight of the MM w/ two batteries, the mouse runs just fine on one, and its lighter. But I agree the wireless MM is great.

10. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

I use to have a BT MM, but that darn little nipple stopped working for me after a while and I tried every method on the net to clean it. I agree they are pretty incredible and work really well, but that darn little ball is a pain in the behind.

11. Poseidon macrumors regular

Poseidon

I've seen instructions on cleaning it externally but I'm wondering about internally. For example I seem to recall on an older (several years older) Mac that I had, I could actually remove a plastic plate on the mouse that kept the ball in place, clean the inside "wheels" and clean the ball itself.

Or is everything supposed to be done externally?

12. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

I had more problems than not with the MM after around 6 months. I switched to the Logitech MX Revolution - best mouse I have ever used....