Wireless Mighty Mouse repeatadley cuts out

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by conor ordan, Oct 18, 2008.

1. conor ordan macrumors member

I have bought one of the new Mighty Mouses with bluetooth, but it repeatedly loses it's bluetooth connection to the computer. I replaced the batteries 3 times and have re-paired the mouse with the computer however this still happens. Does anybody have this problem or know how to fix it?

2. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

I have a BT MM and it never cuts out. Are you near any big RF towers that could be near the same frequency and causing interference? Are you using lithium batteries?
    Morod

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

hm... I use lithium batteries and the connection was absolutely perfect. that is, until the batteries died, I was using the one-time use lithiums that Apple gives you.

4. doubleohseven macrumors 6502a

doubleohseven

Try cleaning the trackball with a lint-free cloth. Also, clean the laser bit at the bottom of the Mighty Mouse. Anything that gets stuck in to the trackball or laser can cause the Mighty Mouse to be unresponsive at times. Maybe there's a problem with Bluetooth on your Mac. Do you get any other problems when connecting other Bluetooth devices? As for me, I don't have any problems with my Mighty Mouse. If you have iStatPro, it can tell you how much battery you have left on your Mighty Mouse when it's connected.

5. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

I also use iStatPro to keep track of my MM battery, but if you don't have it, you can check it in System Preferences>Keyboard & Mouse>Bluetooth. There's a graph bar display of your MM battery there. Good luck,
    Morod