wireless mighty mouse replacement - found!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by recoilfx, Jun 8, 2008.

1. recoilfx macrumors newbie

So I was at Bestbuy today, and this little white Rocketfish bluetooth mouse caught my eye. It's got two buttons, glossy white, and a tilting wheel - I bought it instantly. Works pretty well with my SR MBP so far. I wish it had more buttons, but the tilting actions work so much better than that dumb Mighty mouse ball. I just mapped the left/right tilt to back/foward shortcut.

Here is hoping all is well.

I can't seem to find a picture of it on Rocketfish's website, but here is a picture of it from Bestbuy. linky

2. lugesm macrumors 6502a

lugesm

Frankly, I like my wireless Mighty Mouse; but I am always open to (potentially) better products.

Please report back after you have more experience with this product.

Thanks,
    L

3. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

That looks really nice. Very similar to the Mighty Mouse style. My MM is causing multiple problems with the scrolling ball, so when this craps out, I'll probably look into that one.

4. jtamac macrumors newbie

I picked one of these up at Best Buy today. So far, I am impressed. Much better than the wired Mighty Mouse I have been using on my iMac.

5. Indohottie macrumors 6502

Indohottie

personally i love my logitec revolution.. i am a big fan of the 3 or 4 button mouse...

6. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

I am not a huge fan of the mighty mouse, but I did buy a wireless one with my MBP for travel (I use an MS wired mouse at home).

7. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Yup, the Logitech VX Revolution FTW.

8. recoilfx thread starter macrumors newbie

So I've been using this mouse for several days. I didn't have too high of a expectation, but so far I am impressed. It feels much better than the wireless mighty mouse(1st gen).

There is a bit of lag, as with all other wireless mice. It's on par with revolution vx - and has a higher dpi to boot! (1200dpi)

My only gripe so far is that the mouse can get into sleep mode very fast. When it sleeps, and I move the cursor, there is a slight jump as the mouse catches up to the movement. Other than that, tracking is perfect.

9. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Personally, I like my wireless MM. No problems with lag that you can get with some mice. The sleep mode also works great! I've never had any issues with the trackball.

Cheer,
    :)

10. freddyaudiophil macrumors newbie

I must admit that I was very apprehensive about ordering the wireless MM when I bought my 3.06 rig but I am more than happy with it. I don't notice any lag at all (and I do quite a bit of work in Photoshop at 1600% magnification). I've got the sensitivity of the mouse jacked way up so I don't have to move it very much at all (on a 24" iMac, I would say that I move it about 6 inches from left to right).

If you a looking for small footprint mouse (I like my hand to cover the mouse for some odd reason), I have the Microsoft Wireless Notebook Laser Mouse 6000 at work and really like it a lot. And it does work on OS X as well, under Intellipoint 6.22 for Mac.

Now if I can only configure the left side button to be my "back" button in Safari and Camino.... argh! :confused:

freddy

11. messedkid macrumors 6502

messedkid

The Bluetooth Mighty Mouse was the first mouse I bought for my mac..and I loved it..until I started playing WoW.

Few weeks after the scroll ball broke and I can no longer scroll up in pages/browsers/zoom in in WoW. That's been over a year now...so I got a Razer Copperhead. :D

Love it!