Wireless Mighty Mouse Right-Click Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by richard13, Jun 23, 2009.

1. richard13 macrumors 6502a

I've been using the Wireless Mighty Mouse with my MacBook Pro for a few days now and I'm really liking it a lot. However, there is one problem. It seems like right-click fails quite a bit and especially while playing World of Warcraft. I was initially blaming the game but usually when the mouse fails, I can right-click with the touchpad right away.

Is this mouse known to be glitchy on right-click or do I have a bum mouse?

Thanks.

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

you have to lift your left finger when right clicking as the whole front of the shell is heat sensitive e.g. you can click normally with your right finger if both are on the mouse.

3. richard13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks so much for your response! I'll definitely try this out tomorrow when I play again. Just from a little testing on the desktop I wasn't able to get it to fail so I've got my fingers crossed. :)

4. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

If you've been using a single-button Mac mouse, it may just be getting out of an old habit. The people I work with get all F-ed up when trying to use mine.

One key is to get the tips of your fingers up at the front of the mouse, not closer to the middle. When you click, your finger needs to hit level to the wheel or farther up.

If you have any secrets for keeping the wheel from gunking up every now and then, I'd love to hear it!

5. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

As the guys, said, with time you will get use to it, though i still think the design is not very user friendly, as even with experience you will still have the odd times where you will mistakenly left click when you are intend to right click :rolleyes:

6. PrincessPeach macrumors regular

I didn't have problems with mine though when I started playing FPS games I gave up and plugged in a cheap normal mouse as the stress started making me misclick more and more (I played Priest in WoW so wasn't very clicky).