wireless mighty mouse stops working

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by kaks, Apr 5, 2009.

1. kaks macrumors member

I have a 2.26 mac pro and while im using the wireless mighty mouse it just stops working. I need to put the mac pro to sleep and wake up again for it to work. Tried turning the mouse on and off and nothing.

I initially thought it was just a once off, but its happening again and again. Batteries are full.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance

2. Reventon macrumors 6502

I'd like to know this as well, as it also happens to me from time to time. I'm not sure why. The mouse is only 5 days old.

3. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Got any other computers to try the mighty mouse on to see if the same issue occurs? Do you have a wireless keyboard, does that have the same issue?

4. TheNightPhoenix macrumors 6502

Same issue here, it's been mentioned in a few threads.

Bloody annoying

5. kaks thread starter macrumors member

i was using the mouse with my macbook and it was working fine.

Im using the wired keyboard for the mac pro and i just thought id carry on using the wireless mouse..

really annoying..whats going on with apple stuff? :p

(my macbook went in for a logic board,camera,sleep sensor and power connector replacement, and im getting a new mac pro since it has the annoying psu sound, and my iphone was replaced twice -> ALL these in 1 1/2 weeks).

great :p

6. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Remind me to stay clear of you when there is a thunderstorm!:confused:

7. kaks thread starter macrumors member

hehehe :). will do.

No complaints with apple service and support though. They've been great :).

8. $BPM$ macrumors newbie

I have a wireless mighty mouse, worked fine until I knocked it off my desk, after that it worked intermittently until it stopped altogether. Did a few google searches to find out how to take it apart, basically involves breaking the glued on seal to get in. :(

Once I'd got it apart the PCB inside is only seated on 4 plastic posts, not screwed down or clipped in. Mine had shifted a couple of mm up the posts because it must have landed upside down. This small movement was preventing the sliding switch from the battery cover engaging with the PCB. If I'd have known this before I may have not needed to take it apart, a few hard taps on a padded but firm surface may well have re-seated the PCB. Once I seated the board back into place and re-assembled it has worked perfectly ever since.

Not sure if this will apply to any of you because I know some are only a few days old but they may have had a knock in transportation? Anyway just thought I'd share my experience because I was having a hard time disposing of a £40+ mouse.

9. kevink2 macrumors 6502a

My issue with them is the too easy horizontal scrolling when I don't want to.

10. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Why I ain't surprised?? :rolleyes:

11. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

12. go2heaven macrumors newbie

I have the same problem with my mighty mouse. Your "solution" of a few hard taps.....wouldnt it make a difference which part of the mouse was tapped in order to reseat the PCB? Seems that taps in the wrong place could exascerbate the problem? I can get the green light to come on if I press down very hard on the bottom of the mouse. Obviously, it will not stay on without keeping the pressure on. Mouse is older than one year old and hate to toss it. Any other ideas? Thanks