Wireless Mighty Mouse Suddenly Inoperable on Windows XP

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Bakano, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Bakano macrumors newbie

:apple::confused::apple:

I'm completely new to forums, but I've been googling for hours and have restarted several times already... My wireless Mighty Mouse has stopped working (only on my Windows XP partition). It has worked fine for the last year or so, and today, it wasn't connecting. Not a big deal at first, sometimes I have to turn it off and back on... but then it continued not connecting.
    I checked the bluetooth preferences and unpaired and re-paired my mouse several times. It was detecting it from my computer AND pairing, but the mouse is still not working. I've tried updating drivers, reinstalling drivers (which is what took me a LONG time to get the "apple bluetooth radio" back. I didn't realize that that could only be installed by reinstalling the chipset).

Ok I just keep going and going. I'm just a *little* frustrated with this whole mess. I really hope someone can help me out!!

Thanks for your time =)

-Bakano

2. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

Have you checked the batteries? Or you could just have a faulty 'Mouse.
    Only two things I can think of. Hope it helps! :apple::apple:

3. Bakano thread starter macrumors newbie

heyy! thanks for trying. My mouse works fine when I'm on the Macintosh partition of my hard drive (not using bootcamp), but I changed out the batteries again just in case. I had already changed them this morning to try that, but I figured I may as well. Still not working though.

4. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

Could just be a faulty 'Mouse then. Is it under warranty yet? If it's not, then you'll probably just have to buy a new one. :/
    Might be Bluetooth, of course. Do you have anything else you sync with Bluetooth that works?

5. Bakano thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't think it's still under warranty, but I could check. I don't sync anything else with bluetooth on the Windows partition, so I'm not sure how else to check that. I DO have my printer set up via bluetooth, so I'll try to print really quickly and see if it works...

hmmmm. no dice. I guess I'll look up some general bluetooth troubleshooting. Good call... at least I have another venue to explore lol.
    :cool:

6. guydude193 macrumors 6502a