Wireless Mighty Mouse vs. Logitech v470

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jshelton, Jan 3, 2009.

1. jshelton macrumors 6502a

2. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

I've use the mighty mouse before and it isn't very good..I have a different logitech mouse and it works great...

3. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

Used to have the Mighty Mouse and was not impressed with it. Very heavy handed and the ball began to clog up regularly after 3 or 4 months. Now use the Logitech MX Revolution - a far, far superior mouse.

4. jbrettz macrumors member

I just picked up the mx revolution at Best Buy last week for $40, really great mouse, works fine. The only thing is that it is a recargeable instead of batteries, although the display sez it is recharged for 14 days, I don't know if that is true or not

brett

5. tefleming macrumors 6502

I think almost anything is better than a MM. The fact that the scroll wheel stops working after not very long makes this an easy decision.

6. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

How did you score that deal? That mouse sells for $100.

7. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

the wireless MM could be better but it works great for me. Just have to keep the scroll ball cleaner than usual for it to do its 360 degree work.

8. jbrettz macrumors member

Best Buy had it in their ad the week of Dec 27-Jan 2. They advertised $60 off. I suspect that Logitech is coming out with a new mouse, as this one has been out for couple of years, and they are trying to blow out their inventory. The majority of the time, I find much better deals on the internet than I ever do at Best Buy, but not this time.

Brett

9. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

I'm headed to the CES on Thursday. I'll wander over to the Logitech booth and find out if they have any new mice and/or keyboards coming out. I prefer Bluetooth myself.

10. jbrettz macrumors member

I was leaning to bluetooth, but once I check various forums, includings logitech's support site forums, it appears a lot people have trouble losing connections, lag, etc. So I decided to wait until they perfected the realibility better.

Brett

11. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

I have a Rocket Fish bluetooth mouse now that works flawless. It just doesn't have any bells and whistles. I'd like for it to have a page back button, and the scroll wheel clicks when used. It is loud too.

12. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

The worst part about the Mighty Mouse is that it requires you to remove all of your other fingers from it to make a click. If you want to left click, but have one finger on the right or on the ball then it will get confused, and a lot of the time it won't do what you want.

A result of Apple thinking different and getting it totally wrong. Please don't buy this mouse - show them that you know it's terrible and you want them to make something better!