Wireless Mighty Mouse wierdness

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Yaboze, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Yaboze macrumors 6502a

Yaboze

So last night I turn on my macbook and go to use the wireless might mouse and it's acting wierd. All sluggish and laggy. It's jumping around as I move and seems to be 'behind' my movements. I look at the battery indicator and it's full. I tried several mouse pads, nothing. It was basically unusable, I had to use the trackpad just to look at the settings.

I had to close the hatch underneath the mose and let it reconnect for it work. I never had this problem before. Anyone ever see this?

2. Toxman macrumors newbie

I see this occasionally when my MBP wakes up from Sleep. I find that if I turn Airport off, that sometimes fixes the issue. This morning though, I had to reboot to fix the problem. The only way I could shut-down was to hold down the power button.

3. Iamtherealwoody macrumors 6502

Iamtherealwoody

I too have experienced this. I shut the bluetooth and the mouse off. When I reconnected it, it was back to normal. Only happened to me once in 2 months, but it sucked.

4. cloudnine macrumors 6502a

cloudnine

I've had the same problem, but with an additional bit of weirdness... I'll use my trackpad to shut off the bluetooth and turn it back on, but it takes anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute for the bluetooth to actually shut off... but then it doesn't shut off, it gives me a little "broken bluetooth" icon.

When I try again, it works, but it's a pain in the butt :/ blah.

5. PhotoPhoenix macrumors member

PhotoPhoenix

if you're not using a mousepad, sometimes the laser gets confused by the texture you're using the mouse on. like woodgrain.