Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grayfox

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2008
Australia
Hey

I have a Wireless MightyMouse and it works great with OSX 10.5.2
But when i bootcamp into Windows Vista i have to plug in my wired MightyMouse to pair up the wireless with windows, I was wondering if there is a way around this or a fix that i am not aware of.
Thanks if you can help.

PS: This also happened when i had Windows XP SP2 on my iMac.

Supaklaw

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
NYC
All bluetooth devices need to be paired in windows. Should only have to do it once. If you have to do it on every launch, your batteries may be low, I've noticed Mac can handle my wireless keyboard and MM on low power, but not in XP. Right after I put in fresh batteries I can boot out of windows using alt key, but after a day I have to use wired keyboard... and my right clicking on the MM stops working if it gets to half strength on the MM.

Grayfox

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2008
Australia
The batteries in the mouse are fine, the bar is full when i check it in System Preferences. When i log onto Windows and i go to the bluetooth menu, the mouse is there but it says 'no passkey' so i have to remove it and add it again for it to work. The same happens if i turn the mouse off then on again.

Supaklaw

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
NYC
The batteries in the mouse are fine, the bar is full when i check it in System Preferences. When i log onto Windows and i go to the bluetooth menu, the mouse is there but it says 'no passkey' so i have to remove it and add it again for it to work. The same happens if i turn the mouse off then on again.

I had that happen a few times. It's not saving the key... even after it selects a key, if you reopen the pref windows it might still not save. Try it once or twice. If it finally does save it but doesn't after a restart not sure. You installed all the bootcamp stuff off the leopard disk and did an apple software update right?

DINKSTER

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2008
you are not alone

I too am having problems with MM. Neither the wireless keyboard nor the MM function upon startup in windows. After turning the keyboard on and off again it works just fine (thank you). No such luck with the mouse. I can remove it and add it, after which it works fine, but then loses the connection after restart. In the bluetooth control I tried selecting the mouse and then choosing properties and then services. The drivers appear. I choose ok and it shows the mouse as connected, but then it quickly loses the connection. As far as the passkey goes, my keyboard works ok and shows "no passkey". When setting them up I chose passkeys per the boot camp instructions. I'm frustrated and will probably trade up the wireless mouse if I can't solve the problem.

Supaklaw

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
NYC
Sounds like a Vista issue. For some reason in XP 64 bit I don't even load it, it's auto-recognized. I had the issue in XP-32 bit but after multiple attempts it saw it, saved a key, and all was well. If you aren't on a Mac Pro, the Vista bootcamp driver may not work. (since those are most up to date)

DINKSTER

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2008
I'm on an imac running xp. I have to admit that I don't know what you mean when you say "xp 32 bit" or "xp 64 bit". How do I know which I have? Is it possible that a fix to this problem will be coming soon? Maybe an update to the driver?

phlevin

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2002
I too am having problems with MM. Neither the wireless keyboard nor the MM function upon startup in windows. After turning the keyboard on and off again it works just fine (thank you). No such luck with the mouse. I can remove it and add it, after which it works fine, but then loses the connection after restart. In the bluetooth control I tried selecting the mouse and then choosing properties and then services. The drivers appear. I choose ok and it shows the mouse as connected, but then it quickly loses the connection. As far as the passkey goes, my keyboard works ok and shows "no passkey". When setting them up I chose passkeys per the boot camp instructions. I'm frustrated and will probably trade up the wireless mouse if I can't solve the problem.

Similar issue here on MacBook Pro and Vista with MM. Although once connected it holds until reboot. Of course with portable keyboard and trackpad are always available.

Quintonm

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2008
After reboot, if you hold the MM down for 3-5 seconds it usually always picks it up again.
Have had np at all with MM on the new MBP with xp64 or Vista

drkim01

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2008
Sounds like a Vista issue. For some reason in XP 64 bit I don't even load it, it's auto-recognized. I had the issue in XP-32 bit but after multiple attempts it saw it, saved a key, and all was well. If you aren't on a Mac Pro, the Vista bootcamp driver may not work. (since those are most up to date)

Can you please elaborate more on how to fix the wireless keyboard and mouse problems on Windows XP (SP2) 32 bit as those are not working on my new iMax?

jerryrock

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
Amsterdam, NY
I found the answer in this forum to my wireless Mighty Mouse problem in Vista 64bit. The bluetooth manager recognizes the mouse but asks for a passkey code to pair with the device. Entering four zeros as the passkey allows the mouse to pair with the machine.

micho84MAC

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2008
Passkey 0000

Hey thanks bro' the passkey is 0000 to pair the MM with vista... dont need to make this **** more sophisticated that it needs to be.

Flying Poo

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2009
Connection Prob

My Mighty Mouse connects perfectly with Mac OSX but it only registers in Windows XP. I've tried restarting to no avail and im gettting a bit frustrated. :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.