Wireless Mouse doesn't work on resume from sleep...why?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kingc0bra, Dec 21, 2012.

1. kingc0bra macrumors regular

kingc0bra

So I got a MS Mobile 3500 and it just stops working after waking my 2012 macbook pro from sleep.

So I decided, ok maybe MS doesn't play well with Macs, so I got a logitech M325 mouse and the same exact thing happens (I did notice however the logitech is much better when moving around and in general than the MS was with my mac)

Why is it that my mouse stops working when resuming from sleep? If I unplug the transmitter and plug it back in, it works fine, but I really don't want to do that...

2. kingc0bra thread starter macrumors regular

kingc0bra

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

I have a Razor Orochi, works fine over Bluetooth.

4. kingc0bra thread starter macrumors regular

kingc0bra

mine is actually wireless only, not bluetooth

5. bobcan macrumors 6502a

bobcan

I am not familiar with that type, but DO have a MS Bluetooth Mouse and it works flawlessly for 2 1/2 years with my last two MBPs.. ** I can pull it out of my backpack after NOT having used it for 2 months and it 'pops up' ready to go as soon as I power it On!! :apple:

Hope some one can help, but if my input as well as the previous Bluetooth-using-poster means anything, perhaps going that direction may be the answer.. Good Luck!!

6. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

7. Rhinoevans macrumors 6502

Yes and NO. Most wireless mouse is wireless and NOT blurtooth.

All wireless mice, use a USB adapter

Bluetooth, normally built into the conputer, although there are BT adapters.

Bluetooth, a different "wireless" technology

8. jaclynn macrumors newbie

This worked for me...

This was a most annoying problem. I have a new macbook pro 13" retina, after turning in my work's macbook air 11". I had never had this problem on the Air. I went through three wireless mice... an MS, a Logitech M325 (non-unify) and a Logitech M525 (Unify). In addition I have the solar Logitech unify keyboard that was also experiencing the issue. It got really irritating to pull and replace the nano usb every time I wanted to work. I tried all manner of system updates and drivers, but nothing helped. Finally, I have not had the problem since doing this: System Prefs - Energy Saver - increase computer sleep time slightly in both Battery and Power Adapter modes - and then... disabled "Power Nap while plugged into a power adapter" (also disabled this on battery). That seems to have done the trick for me. Your experience may be different.