Wireless mouse for rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tritons, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Tritons macrumors 6502

Hi
    So I need wireless mouse for work on Mac OS X and for gaming on Windows (using BootCamp) and there are two possible options.
    1. Logitech G700 (around 60gbp on Amazon)
    2. Razer Orochi (around 55gbp on Amazon)
    3. Any other ideas?

How is Razer drivers for Mac and how does Logitech work on Mac?

Thanks

2. Deedolito macrumors regular

Deedolito

Hi,

Only using Logitech, works fine on Mac OS so far (G9x).
    Even saved macros are working (if previously saved from Windows).

Razer should be okay though - did never hear of major issues.

3. bogatyr macrumors 65816

I use the Orochi in OS X for playing WoW. I don't particularly like the mouse (feels uncomfortable, cheap and too light) but it works fine. I didn't load any drivers, just connected it to the Bluetooth. No lag problems.

4. jedolley macrumors 68000

Ultimately it comes down to comfort and the two mice you listed are completely different in that aspect...

The G700 is a larger ergo-like mouse, but Logitech does not provide Mac support on any of it's "gaming" mice. Some people have turned to 3rd party apps like USB Overdrive (there's another one, but I can't think of it at the moment).

The Orochi is a smaller travel gaming mouse. Depending on hand size and whether or not you are used to smaller mice, will determine if this mouse is comfortable for you. Unlike Logitech, Razer provides Mac support for all their mice, or at least all their recent mice. Orochi may be a good option because it uses bluetooth and would not take up a USB slot.

Since moving to the Mac I have tried several mice and have decided to stick with Razer. I prefer the Mamba, but the battery life isn't great, so I am currently using the DeathAdder Black Edition. Both companies make good mice, but I will continue to give my money to Razer until Logitech starts supporting Mac with their gaming line.

5. bajaracing macrumors member

I use a reg 15.00 one. Works great for me.

Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000

6. Tritons thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks guys. I ordered G700 because of the size. Even though I wanted more portable mouse comfort is more important to me.