Wireless Mouse issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by stringtheorist, Apr 17, 2008.

1. stringtheorist macrumors regular

I have a new iMac with Bluetooth wireless mouse and keyboard. I've noticed that the secondary mouse-button (Rt-click) is incredibly temperamental. Sometimes it can take me 10-15 attempts to perform a simple Rt-click operation. Sometimes I catch the Left button by mistake but mostly I get no response unless I slam it sharply. Is there something wrong with my mouse or are they all like this?

2. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

I've been using my BT MM for about a month now with none of the difficulties you're having. It works just like my wired MM, except the scroll wheel doesn't seem to get as dirty as quickly. Right-clicking works as it should. I've got two batteries in it, but that shouldn't make a difference.
    Consider taking it back for an exchange if that's an option for you. HTH,
    Morod

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

to right click on the Mighty Mouse you need to lift your left finger to right click as the shell is heat sensitive and leaving your left finger on the shell while right clicking will register as a left click. have you done this?

i must admit this was annoying at first but ive got used to it and ive never had a right click fail.