Wireless Mouse (Mice): Are They Suitable For Gaming?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by TomBrooklyn, May 11, 2013.

1. TomBrooklyn macrumors newbie

Are wireless mice suitable for gaming, or are they inherently unsuitable due to dropouts in the signal?

I'm using a Logitech M510 wireless mouse to play Battle Pirates on facebook, and occassionally when I press a button to control the fleets, the input doesn't register, resulting in the need to click again, and the attendant delay results in bad things happening in the game.

The M510 is not rated as a game mouse.

I had the USB receiving dongle inserted on the side of a monitor, which made it out of line of sight of the mouse. I just changed it a front USB port on the desktop box which puts it in line of sight. Maybe that will help.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I'd honestly say your issue has nothing to do with the mouse and its more a case of your playing a crappy fb game.

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Facebook games are considered gaming? You learn something new every day.

4. AcidDemon macrumors newbie

AcidDemon

I'm using the Apple wireless mouse for several games (e.g. Dota) without a problem. But when it comes to FPS I'm stuck with cable mice.

5. Che Castro macrumors 603

I use a wireless mouse and I'm a hardcore gamer , I'm on level 6 in angry birds

6. madsci954 macrumors 68030

My only issues with wireless mice and gaming is the batteries wear out faster in the mouse than the keyboard. lol

7. Tucom macrumors 65816

Tucom

Lol, as a real FPS gamer, I have no problem with current wireless mice, even the most basic Logitech ones.

8. Bear macrumors G3

Some people experience more dropouts that others. For me a wireless mouse is problematical because a couple of times a day the mouse will lose connection to my Mac.

It's not just one mouse and it's happened over a few Macs. It's the RF noise in the area that's doing it.

So for me wireless mice (and keyboards) are out. But since my desk has a proper keyboard/mouse tray the wires from the keyboard and mouse are out of the way and not going across the top of the desk.