wireless mouse receiver into apple aluminium keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by speed12, Nov 1, 2008.

1. speed12 macrumors regular

Hey,

Looking at changing from my iMac to a macbook in the next week and am looking at getting an external keyboard and mouse so I can use it with an external monitor when at my desk. I was looking at the apple USB aluminium keyboard and was wondering whether the USB ports are powerful/fast enough to plug in the wireless receiver from a notebook mouse?

Cheers!

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

It should be able to, as long as it's connected to a high-speed USB bus. On some older laptops, theres only one high speed USB bus, and one low speed.

3. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

yes.

4. speed12 thread starter macrumors regular

brilliant, cheers guys! Just to clarify, I was talking about the USB ports on the keyboard itself. I would use a Bluetooth mouse but I was Reading that if you want to use a monitor without the MacBook screen, you can't use a Bluetooth mouse.

5. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

Not true - I use a Bluetooth mouse in that set up regularly.

6. speed12 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh really? Oooh, that could be better then! So it works with the macbook display closed?

Edit: Ah I missed the glaringly obvious "If you want to do the same thing with a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard, see this article" link on the apple support page! Excellent, cheers!