Wireless mouse recommendations for Aluminum MacBook?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by yourdream, Dec 3, 2008.

1. yourdream macrumors regular

Can anyone give me a suggestion on buying a wireless mouse for use with my new Aluminum MacBook? Which kind would be good? I want one that is reasonable with it's price.

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

The Apple wireless Mighty Mouse is a good pick. It's not a gaming mouse but it does the job pretty well. Don't listen to the threads complaining about it. Only the people with problems bother to post threads.

3. yourdream thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for your suggestion. I'll take that into consideration.

4. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

I am very pleased with this mouse. I have had it for a year now and it hasn't let me down.

5. yourdream thread starter macrumors regular

I ended up buying the Apple Wireless Mighty Mouse. It is great and I love it.

6. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Wow. You're actually satisfied with a MM?

Some people. I've done everything I can to get away from the MM. And yet every Mac at my school has one. :rolleyes:

7. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

They've had it for less than a day. I liked the one that came with my iMac until I used it for two weeks. I'll be interested to hear how you enjoy yours over time, yourdream.

8. r!ggaman macrumors newbie

r!ggaman

I picked up the Microsoft Arc for my aluminum macbook. It looks nice, feels comfortable, and so far hasn't given me any trouble. It's a little pricey at $60 but if price isn't a big factor for you check it out. I've also heard good things about the MX Revolution but the mouse runs at $100 which was a bit too much for me. Here's a pic of the Arc

[​IMG]

9. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Is your Microsoft Arc bluetooth? The ones I found on Amazon aren't.

10. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

I'm not a fan of the mighty mouse at all. Without even mentioning the price, it performs like crap.

I would have recommended any of the Logitech notebook mice - they start as low as $20 up to $70 for the high-end bluetooth versions with micro receivers.

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

12. yoppie macrumors 6502a

I use this mouse with my black MacBook. I love it.

13. jrrdnx macrumors member

jrrdnx

I use the Logitech VX Revolution at work (although I got it on sale, so the normal price might be too high for what you're looking for, Amazon currently has it for just under $50) and an old discontinued MX700 mouse/keyboard combo at home.

I highly recommend any Logitech mouse with Hyper-fast scrolling... a nearly frictionless scroll wheel. This is perfect for me as I work with very large PHP and HTML files (5000+ lines long) and need to get to certain points as quickly as possible. Plus it's got a built-in battery meter, and I usually don't have to replace the single AA battery more than every 5-6 months.

14. Glenny2lappies macrumors 6502

Mighty Mouse is great but flawed

The Bluetooth Mighty Mouse is great, but only when it works.

I've been using a Mighty Mouse for a couple of years and really like it.
    However, its foibles are finally getting to me and I wonder if there's any
    alternatives which do the good things of a Mighty Mouse, but not the bad.

Good things (all of these are when it's working!)
    • Track ball. I find this the absolute best feature of the MM. I only wish it could be extracted from its cage to enable cleaning. I like to use it for scrolling and it's especially useful scrolling sideways on larger pages, previews and photos (especially with PhotoShop).
    • Ergonomics, size and feel. I find it extremely comfortable
    • On/off switch. Slide the cover over the optical lens and it's turned off
    • Integration with Expose - I like to press down on the trackball to show the application switcher (same as doing <cmd><tab>)
    • Wireless Bluetooth. Essential; a mouse with a wire seems so odd!
    • Looks. It's a gorgeous quality item. Yeah, that's why we love Apple.
    Bad things the first two are really irritating
    • Track ball. It's far too prone to grease/fluff/cat hair/gunge. Far too much time is spent trying to get it working.
    • Right-click. 95% accuracy just isn't anywhere good enough
    • Bluetooth. It crashes daily so I have to switch it off (the little slider), wait 10 seconds, and turn it on again
    • Squeeze buttons. Not really a problem as they're completely useless, so never get used.

I would really like something with a combined mouse and trackball. Does anyone know if these exist? Preferably with three buttons so I can map the middle one to the application switcher.

I personally dislike the Logitec mice as I think they're cheap, nasty and ugly, and have no place sitting at the top table with a Mac. But, I do like the idea of their big ball mouse; kind of an oversized Mighty Mouse, but with a ball that's easily cleaned.

What other mice to people recommend in lieu of a Mighty Mouse?

15. tthf macrumors newbie

i have 2. both are bluetooth.

the Razer Wireless Pro Click at work and the microsoft one (it was free) at home.

16. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...another vote for the V470 BT logitech...

I had a VX nano for notebooks and it is way too small trying to hold it comfortablly...

If only Logitech would use the nano/bluetooth on their larger VX mice...