wireless mouse thats reliable up to 15 feet

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by cali shot doc, Sep 8, 2013.

1. cali shot doc macrumors member

I just purchased a mac mini to use for my media center however, the microsoft usb mouse i purchased many years ago doesn't seem to work well pass 5 feet. I want something that will work up to 15 feet as this computer is connected to the main tv. Any suggestions????

2. *Batman* Suspended

*Batman*

I like the Performance MX from Logitech. It works rather far away, though I never measured to see if I were 15' away from the receiver or not.

3. cali shot doc thread starter macrumors member

that one looks awesome but i don't really want to spend that much.

Would bluetooth be better than usb for this??

4. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Though it is not a mouse I use the Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 for my media center PC. It is a keyboard and trackpad in one unit which makes the most sense to me. As you can easily use it in your lap and don't have to jumble a keyboard and mouse on your couch or easy chair.

The range is excellent. I've gone about 30 feet away and it works fine. So I can change shows while cooking dinner.

Pretty much any Logitech with the Unifying receiver gets good range.

Note: I have the receiver plugged in the front of the computer for maximum line of sight range. I don't know how much the Mac Mini casing or where you store it will effect range. You can always get a black USB extension cable from Monoprice.com. Then route the receiver where it isnt noticeable but has few obstructions for maximum range if there is a problem.

5. *Batman* Suspended

*Batman*

It's expensive, sure, but it's also a good quality one too. I've been using the same ones for several years.