Wireless "n" adapter for G5???

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zagato27, Jul 25, 2009.

1. zagato27 macrumors 65816

zagato27

I'm about to get a new modem and a wireless router. I'm considering the Motorola SB6120 cable modem and than a "n" wireless router....Linksys WRT160N or Belkin Wireless N+ or maybe a D Link 655. I have an oem airport card in my G5, think that it only works on "a" and "b" standards and I'd dearly love to move up to "g" and "n". I've seen a usb dongle that is a "n" wireless adapter (http://rokland.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=317) that might do the trick. Disable the oem airport card (remove it) and then plug this into a usb port. BTW, am running Leopard. Is this possible? Workable? Or do I have to just settle for what I've got? thanks in advance

2. NIPRING macrumors 6502

Actually the G5 uses the airport extreme card and it's g , not a or b. But i dont know if there is anything 3rd party that would give a G5 "n". If you find something let us G5 guys know.

3. adamfishercox macrumors 6502

4. zagato27 thread starter macrumors 65816

zagato27

Thanks for the info. It's been a long time since I plugged in that airport card. My G5's was the "cheap" model when new....a 1.6. Yeah, that old. Well, at least I've got "G". Still wondering about those "n" usb dongles. Would be awesome if it worked. Well, pretty much settled on the Motorola SB6120 cable modem but still undecided on the router. Seems like all the reviews on Amazon are almost split between those who luv'em and those that hate'em. So, maybe it will be a coin toss between the Linksys WRT160N, Belkin Wireless N+ or the D Link 655. Cheers