Wireless-N Router Issues w/Macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by cecoleman, Nov 22, 2007.

1. cecoleman macrumors regular

I'm currently at my fiancé's parents house where they have a Wireless-N WRT-300N Linksys router. The router is set to mixed mode with latest firmware, and when I went to connect my macbook to it...it connected right away but I couldn't get any internet from the connection. I tried disabling airport and re-enabling it, but that didn't work. When I looked at the settings for the airport, it said something like it couldn't get an ip address. I rebooted OSX-Leopard (by the way)...and after a reboot, it connected to the internet right away no problem. Well I thought my problems were over, then later after I closed the lid and put it to sleep for a while and then reopened it I had the same problem. I had to reboot the system again to get access to the wireless. What could be the issue here? Anyone with a clue?

2. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

One mfg's N (draft) can be entirely different from anothers. This is well documented that mixing and matching manufacturer's hardware when the N specification isn't solidified is not the best idea.

Try forcing your Mac to use G.

3. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

If they setup MAC address filtering on their router, it might let you connect but not give you an IP address to access anything.

4. cecoleman thread starter macrumors regular