Wireless N USB Dongle

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by McShizzel, Apr 1, 2009.

1. McShizzel macrumors regular

Hi, I would like to get a USB wireless N dongle for my old PC, easy enough to do I was going to go with a Linksys WUSB600N but then realized I might as well get something that is Mac compatible so I can sometimes use it on my old PowerBook.

After doing some research I found out that newer TrendNet dongles and some D-Link dongles are Mac compatible. I don't know about TrendNet because they always seemed a little cheap, I've used D-Link routers before and they're ok but the dongles compatibility with Macs seems to depend on the hardware revision.

Are there any other brands who make Mac compatible wireless N USB dongles?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

I have a MaxPower USB dongle running on my G5 iMac from OWC

3. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

I have Ralink usb adapter which i bought from: http://www.zazz.com.au/pastproducts.php?past=1173
    I realize you won't be able to buy it from there though.
    It works alright but sometimes cuts out and i have to un-plug and replug it or restart my mac. I havn't tried it for an n wireless network but it also works with g/b. The bonus is that it was cheap, $30 aus delivered.

4. McShizzel thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the responses, I just ended up buying the Linksys WUSB600N and discovered that it uses a Ralink chipset so I installed the Ralink Mac OS drivers for that specific chipset and now I can use the N on my PowerBook.