Wireless Network Auto Connect

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Miiamo, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Miiamo macrumors newbie

Hey all,

Have a little problem hopefully anyone can give me some ideas.

I recently started having this problem, it just started out of nowhere. Whenever I turn on my iBook, it autoconects to my neighbors network, and not mine. I cannot use their network it's too slow. So now I have to go to the top right and specifically select my wireless network in order to connect to it. There's many networks found on my laptop, and it used to autoconnect to mine.

Any way to make the apple automatically connect to my network? The keychain definitely has saved my wireless security password. It just annoying for me to go and click on the wireless icon and select the network everytime i turn my laptop on...

Many Thanks

2. ian.maffett macrumors 6502

ian.maffett

If you go to Preferences, Network, select your Airport and click the advanced button you'll see a list of saved networks. You should be able to select the one you don't want to use and click '-' to remove. Or you can reorder them to choose yours first.
    Hope it helps.

3. Miiamo thread starter macrumors newbie

It is only giving me the option of, Automatic, And and internal network (which I dont have on my computer). And I don't see an advanced button...

4. ian.maffett macrumors 6502

ian.maffett

Doesn't look like this then?

Attached Files:

5. Miiamo thread starter macrumors newbie

No it does not look like that.

6. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

You're on Tiger aren't you? I remember having a similar problem on my Powerbook G4. I can't remember where but if you can find a list of the networks it knows then you can drag the preferred network to the top. I'm pretty sure this is how it works but it's been ages since the last time I was on Tiger. I hope this helps.:)