wireless network bug ?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by phantom3334, Aug 1, 2009.

1. phantom3334 macrumors newbie

I use utorrent, after the client spends some time downloading whatever, and I'm working in the same time with safari and other web activities. the internet service goes off. it doesn't disconnect from the wireless network though. it just as if there's now internet service. first time happened I thought the problem is from the wireless device or something, because after using network assistance and restarting the device the problem is gone. but now it happened again with the same circumstances. now the problem is mac ?
    is it utorrent ? should I use another client ?

2. phantom3334 thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry to post again. but I wanted to ask about some other things:

1- I know now that the trash problem (not emptying) is familiar. but usually I don't get a message : that the trash can't empty because applications are in use, the deleted things are still there without any messages. and the applications are not in use. is it normal ?

2- msn messanger for mac isn't working at all since I first started my macbook. keeps saying that id or password isn't correct. is this normal ? I don't like msn messenger and adium is cooler. but this seems like kinda limitation.

3 - mouse pointer disappears after leaving frontrow.

p.s : the utorrent/wireless network problem keeps happening even though I limited downloading speed to 10kbps :/

clue ?

3. agwilson macrumors newbie

Your problem is likely due to the number of connections uTorrent is creating when communicating with other network users. I haven't used uTorrent in awhile, but I would guess you could limit the number of connections created. A lot of routers have problems with the volume of connections and it causes them to "crash." When you restart you clear out the internal software problem and they go along merrily until they get overloaded again. It is possible the connection problem is happening to your computer's wireless adapter. Either way there is likely a setting to limit the number of connections. Try scaling that down until you stop crashing the network devices.

4. phantom3334 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks alot. :)
    I guess I understand now. If this really bothers me alot I would limit the connections.