Wireless Network connectivity issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by deason, Jun 14, 2011.

1. deason macrumors member

So I've done some thorough research and can't find a solution, so figured I would ask here before calling Apple Care.

Today my wife and I received a brand new MBP and MBA. It seems that they are both having issues connecting to our wireless router at the same time. They will both drop the connection randomly and very seldom will they both be connected at the same time.

The router is a Belkin N. I have tried changing the channels, restoring factory defaults, setting it to N only and the problem persists.

It may be a router issue but wanted to get some opinions before I went out and bought a new one.

Any ideas?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Just to make sure; you have tried plugging into the router with an ethernet cable (if the Belkin has ports) and have experienced this problem right next to the router (meaning it's not a range issue)?

I have had numerous problems with Belkin products on numerous platforms. Whatever they do to their electronics, they do differently than everyone else.

3. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Have you tried going to bestbuy and picking up a router and see if it happens with a new router? If not, problem solved. If it continues then its not the router.

4. deason thread starter macrumors member

Update: I decided to do a whole system restart. Shut down modem, router, and anything connected to it. Restarted everything one by one starting with modem. So far so good, but we will see if it continues.

Next step will be to try a new router