Wireless Network Error

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by trev, Jan 11, 2008.

1. trev macrumors 6502

Hey all,

I'm getting the following error every hour, give or take, on my wireless network at my university. Any idea what it means or what I can do to correct it? thanks!

[​IMG]

Trevor

2. Bulldog VII macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

I have no idea, but could it be the campus network resets it's self every hour?

3. Str8edgepunker macrumors 6502

Wow, that definitely is weird. :confused:

There's an article on another forum out there that claimed that the problem was with the WPA implementation on the network. The reason being is because of these strings in the file "Localizable.strings" in the
    "ClientController.bundle/Contents/Resources/English.lproj" folder under the
    "/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Apple80211.framework/Versions/A/Resources" folder:

"wpaIsFailureMIC" = "The wireless network appears to have been compromised and will be disabled for about a minute.";
    "wpaIsReplayAttack" = "The wireless network appears to have been compromised and will be disabled for about a minute."

If you don't use WPA though, I am out of ideas.

4. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

We had this problem connecting to a Linksys WCG200 ver. 2 with our MBP running Leopard 10.5.2. It worked with other wireless routers but not this router /gateway combo.

We found Appletalk was enabled on our Wireless NIC under Leopard. Disabling Appletalk made the error go away.

Cheers
    Tim