Wireless Network Help

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Pinkiy, May 27, 2009.

1. Pinkiy macrumors regular

Pinkiy

Hi

i know not strickly speaking a mac issue but figured you people if any will know the answer to my perdicament.

i have an xbox360 in my room with the wireles dongle but its really at its peak from my wireless router and i keep dropping the signal. i cant move my room around in an event to get it closer to the problem and my laptop works ok so am going to guess its a microsoft wireless dongle issue with not emitting a strong enough signal.

am i able to get round this by having a wireless hub in my room connecting to the wireless router downstairs (wirelessly) and then hard wiring my xbox360 into this hub?

i know what i want but i'm not sure if its possible or what i need as in the part for my room to be the hub. our main wireless router is a draytek not sure on model.

hope someone can point me in the right direction.

many thanks

p

2. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

hey i had the same problem, i just plugged another wireless router into the one connected to the internet and i get 100% wireless access all over the house, where as before I didnt get access in some rooms! The routers are just sat next to each other at moment so i dont think that you will need to move one!:D