Wireless network not automatically found

Discussion in 'macOS' started by p8ntballguy, Apr 30, 2007.

1. p8ntballguy macrumors member

Quick question, if anyone has a fix.

When I first got my macbook, it would automatically find and connect to my school's wireless, called tsunami. Now for the past few months it is not able to automatically find and list it in the drop down airport menu. I must enter the name manually by clicking other, then it will connect. It is just annoying. Anyone know of a fix?
    thanks

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

It sounds to me like they may have disabled SSID broadcasting, so an average user will have to know the network exists and what its name is if they want to connect to it.

Are other users experiencing the same thing or is it just your machine?

3. p8ntballguy thread starter macrumors member

Im pretty sure its just me. Most everyone else has thinkpads, there are 3 other macs in my grade. I don't think they have this problem, Im not sure though. I'll ask them tomorrow. Thanks for the quick idea though.

4. gavd macrumors 6502a

I have my SSID turned off at home and my Mac's still find the network so I doubt it's this. Edit: On reflection, my home network is a preferred network so maybe that's why mine works OK?!?

My MacBook did fail to connect to my network at home a few weeks back when I turned Airport back on (I'd turned it off away from home to prolong battery life) but I manually connected it, and then restarted to see what happened. It connected up fine after that and I've not had the problem come back.