Wireless Network Using Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by smoque, May 17, 2010.

1. smoque macrumors newbie

I have Time Warner cable and they told me that their high speed internet cable service comes with 2 IP addresses. Well, I have 4 computers. Now it was my understanding that only the router needed an IP address and the computers on the network access the internet via the router, i.e. 2 IP addresses should be more than enough. I have been trying to configure my time capsule to work with all of my computers with no success. Only 2 can access the internet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I Have a mac mini, 2 mac book pros and a pc.

HELP!!!

2. JGruber macrumors 6502

Only the router needs an IP address, if your TC (time capsule) has DHCP turned on, then the TC will dish out whatever IPs it needs too, not sure why TWC would give 2 IPs to residential customers.

Does your TWC router have wireless built in?

What computers are able to get on the internet?

Do you have the dual band version of the TC? If so, do you have 'N' mode only turned on?

3. smoque thread starter macrumors newbie

Does your TWC router have wireless built in? I don't think so, unless I am unaware of it.

What computers are able to get on the internet? any 2 of my choosing. The first two I use can access the internet, the other two cannot.

Do you have the dual band version of the TC? If so, do you have 'N' mode only turned on? I don't know what that is.

Thanks for your responses.