Wireless Network ???

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Blue-ThirtyTwo, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Blue-ThirtyTwo macrumors newbie

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I just picked up a MBA and have been using it at work via wireless connection. I'm wondering if the company can see my internet history from the server or whatever? I'm sure its a super cheap setup as we are a small company and only use it to send info to some TV's in the lobby I think.

They already know we get some downtime, and we have internet access on our computers. I would just rather not access my financial info or do school work :p where I KNOW they can see it.

2. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

I can get a history of where people go on my wireless network very easily using a regular old router, so yeah, your company absolutely could do this if they wanted to.

Whether they will or not is a different deal. most companies accept that you might check your bank statement or something occasionally. What they would probably get all upset about is if you seem to be on there all day, just surfing the web for leisure. most companies don't really start checking until they see a performance issue.