Wireless networking a Xerox Phaser 8650 printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by hobbes3113, Oct 11, 2007.

1. hobbes3113 macrumors regular

Oct 18, 2002
    I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction with this problem. I just purchased a Phaser 8650 printer as well as a Xerox wireless network card and have been having problems getting everything to play together nicely. My normal network connection is wired (via ethernet), and I do not want to use a USB cable to connect to the printer (it will be too far away). I am able to connect to the printer wirelessly via airport, using a computer-to-computer network, if the ethernet cable (from computer to wall) is unplugged. However if I plug back in the ethernet cable, the wireless connection is lost and I can no longer print. Is there a way for me to connect to the net using my T1 line, while still connecting to the printer wirelessly?

Thanks for the advice/help...

2. gsahli macrumors 6502a

Jun 1, 2007
    The proper way to do that is to get a wireless router. A router simultaneously shares/distributes the internet and keeps local communication isolated.
    You can get a cheap one, but be sure it uses web-browser-based administration, not Windows-only "driver."