Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monty77

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
UK, South Coast
In my Airport drop down menu I see 2 WiFi networks listed, whenever I reboot it always connects to the top one in the list which is the incorrect one.

How do I remove a network from this list? In Windows world I could nominate one of them my 'preferred' network, is there an OS X equiv?

Thanks!
Adam

Applespider

macrumors G4
monty77 said:
In my Airport drop down menu I see 2 WiFi networks listed, whenever I reboot it always connects to the top one in the list which is the incorrect one.

How do I remove a network from this list? In Windows world I could nominate one of them my 'preferred' network, is there an OS X equiv?

Go to Network in System Preferences, choose Airport and click on Configure. You'll see an Options button. Click on that and it should (I'm not on my Mac) bring up a drop down menu with 'automatic' or 'preferred networks'. If you click on preferred networks, you can choose the order in which Airport connects to wifi networks or delete those no longer needed.

monty77

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
UK, South Coast
Applespider said:
Go to Network in System Preferences, choose Airport and click on Configure. You'll see an Options button. Click on that and it should (I'm not on my Mac) bring up a drop down menu with 'automatic' or 'preferred networks'. If you click on preferred networks, you can choose the order in which Airport connects to wifi networks or delete those no longer needed.

Thanks! For some reason I was trying to find the option in Internet Connect, doh! Will try it when I get home :cool:

Cheers,
Adam

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.