Wireless, No Internet, No Default Gateway

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CondorXIII, Oct 28, 2011.

1. CondorXIII macrumors newbie

Hey guys, newish Mac user. Only a few years, but in the last years I've worked for Apple as a "Genius" and now am the Director of Desktop Support for a software company in Canada called Poynt...we make a free iOS, Android, BlackBerry, WP7, Nokia QT app...so if you don't already have it, DL it. It's free (shameless plug sorry.) I have a confusion. I have had 2 of our office MacBook Pro's unable to connect to the internet. When I use terminal I see that they can ping our internal DNS server but can't reach the Default Gateway using the Airport card. If I plug directly with Ethernet I get full access. I've tried a reboot, I've tried another new user and reset the SMC and PRAM. The access point can't be the problem because other nodes have no issues. I've also renewed the DHCP lease and tried another wireless "location", all to no luck. anyone have an idea to try? I'm really open to suggestions.

2. djhyro, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011

djhyro macrumors member

Does the default gateway IP show up at all in the TCP/IP settings?

Try deleting, moving, or renaming (to .bak or something) all of the .plist files in /library/preferences/systemconfiguration and reboot to let them regenerate.. you probably need to do this as su in terminal with a sudo command

3. CondorXIII thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope :( that didn't work. All the plists rebuilt themselves but still nothing. Unfortunately, I'm running out of ideas. PS - I didn't say this, we're talking 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard here) - I know the plists were still there in 10.6. it just didn't work.