Wireless noise isolation headphones recommendations for airplane

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by prhat317, Jun 29, 2017.

1. prhat317 macrumors newbie

Really would love the AirPods but I'm an airline pilot that spends a lot of time going to and from places in the back of a plane. Obviously an over the ear active noise cancelling model QC35...etc would be best but I want something a little more versatile to travel/workout with. I had the PB3 but the posts over the ear got annoying for casual use. The seal was much better for passive noise cancelling than the stock EarPods. May go back to beats X but they were annoying to workout with. Jaybird X3s maybe? The Bose Soundsport Wireless look promising but the reviews I read sounds like it's an open seal that let's in a decent amount of background noise.

2. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I would look into the Sony MDR-1000X. Nice product and They are top rated. I think they compete with the Bose QC35.

The Verge did a nice review on these.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/2/13/14595356/sony-1000x-noise-canceling-wireless-headphones-review

3. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

I would give the Bose QuietControl 30 a try. I have both the Bose QuietComfort 35 and the QuietControl 30 and use both for different purposes. The noise cancellation is the best on the QC 35's and with a recent software update you can now adjust them to turn off, mid or full the NC. When I work out or want a more open profile, I turn to my QC 30's.