Wireless Not Working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rh535, Apr 20, 2008.

1. rh535 macrumors member

My wireless internet on my iphone doesn't work anymore. On Saturday it worked but when i woke up on sunday it doesn't work. My mac laptop connects fine to the wireless in the house and on the iphone it shows that im connected to my network but the edge icon never changes to the wireless sign. How do i fix this?

2. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

First I would double check the settings to make sure wireless is actually turned on. If it is and nothing is working, try restarting the phone. If you still get nothing, restore the phone in iTunes. If none of that works, I would call Apple or go to you local Apple store.

3. rh535 thread starter macrumors member

I went to my school and i was able to get on there network but not the internet. I saw the wireless icon change from EDGE. But it still won't work at my home.

4. Oceansized macrumors member

5. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

6. 13space82 macrumors newbie

if i restore my iphone in itunes, do i lose pictures that i've taken on my phone?

7. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

If you haven't captured them to your computer using iPhoto (or... well, whatever is on Windows I guess, since you haven't specified your platform), then yes.

Have you gone into the iPhone's WiFi settings and tried to force a connection to your router?

8. 13space82 macrumors newbie

i've reset my phone, reset the wifi settings....how do i do a force connection? i'm using Windows XP