Wireless on new generation Macbook Pro 13"?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MMBP, Aug 2, 2010.

1. MMBP macrumors newbie

I know this may sound like a stupid question... but I was wondering if someone could help me out with the wireless problems I'm having with my laptop.

I recently bought this MBP, and when I first turned on the laptop I went through all of the welcome screens and what not... then it was time to go on the internet. I assumed since I have wi-fi at home, that I didn't need to set up or create a wireless network with my new laptop seeing how Airport detected it on my laptop and all I had to do was enter the password.

But now I'm wondering if something is wrong with my MBP's wireless or is it my internet/ wireless router at home? Because... and yes I know a lot of people are having trouble with Safari 5... but almost every other site I go to, Safari 5 stops loading as fast as the previous page and eventually says "unable to load page" or whatever. I know Apple is still working on this... so I decided to go with another web browser till Apple comes out with an update. I chose Google Chrome and it seems like it works a lot better than Safari 5... but occassionally, it will also stop loading the page.

Do you think it's my internet connection? My wireless adapter? Any easy way to find out? I don't think my internet connection at home would be fluctuating that much... it does maybe once a week for 2 minutes max but that's about it... Thanks!

2. crypticlineage macrumors regular

Try disabling airport and connect with an ethernet cable to see if you can reproduce the problem. Also, what about firefox?

3. Hisdem macrumors 6502a

Hisdem

Never had this problem. Hope it doesn't show up. I liked Mozilla's Camino browser, but dumped it and went back to using Safari due to it's crappy scrolling, inertia doesn't work with it and it isn't a smooth scroll.

4. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

hmmm interesting i have 0 issues with safari 5 it works so smooth for me? but there is a airport wizard thing you can run that will take you through all of the steps to setup airport for that network, or you may have some super super strict wi fi settings? i am not sure but gl try taking it to a mac store if the problem pursues? maybe they can fix it?