Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mr.thing

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
Hi All,

Having trouble with my wireless connection on Mac mini. Whenever I try to connect to any wireless network I'm getting "connection timeout" message.

Now, I normally do not use wireless as mini is connected via gigabit Ethernet. But I recently purchased Pocket Wifi device for my 3G connection as backup for my Internet and that is how I found this issue with "connection timeout".

I then tried to connect mini to my home wireless network and got exactly the same result.

I did some googling and found few suggestions like changing wireless channel, changing MTU, cleaning up keychain, etc. but none of them helped.

At the same time I have iphone, ipad and android devices all connected to both my home wireless and pocket wifi with no issues at all.

I also tried to create ad-hoc wireless on my mini and it looks like successfully created but none of my wireless devices can see this new wireless network.

One thing I did recently is I installed SSD in my mini and now I'm thinking that maybe I did not connected antenna back properly? Could that be the case of my issues? On the other side, mini finds all wireless networks in range, which tells me that antenna is actually working.

I run our of ideas here and seeking any advise.

mr.thing

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
Tried all possible workarounds but still no luck.

Every time I'm trying to connect to wireless network on MacMini I'm getting the following in the log:

12/03/2013 7:00:15.000 PM kernel[0]: MacAuthEvent en1 Auth result for: <MAC_ADDRESS> Auth request tx failed

All other devices on my network works OK. Not sure what else to looks at...

Checked local MacOS firewall but it's on "Off" state at the moment and still the same result.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.