Wireless or bluetooth speakers for macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sjohnson4382, Nov 26, 2010.

1. sjohnson4382 macrumors member

Are there any decent wireless speakers or bluetooth speakers for a macbook without buying an airport express and all that good stuff? I am looking for something reasonable mainly so I can leave my macbook on my desk and get music to the living room and bathroom. I will not be trying to get the music more than about 35 feet. Any suggestions? Thanks

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

take a look at airfoil, it functions similar to airtunes, but lets you pick an application, or the whole system output to send from.

it will send to airport express, old or new apple tv, or with their free receiver program, it will send to windows, linux, mac and iOS devices.

so if you've got a touch laying around, you can use that.
    I've got an old 1st gen iphone, that hit the floor, and the top half of the touchscreen doesn't work, sitting in a pair of powered speakers in the bathroom, that i use it with all the time.

program cost $25, but it comes with a trial version that will broadcast for 10 minutes at a time.

also, if you wait a few months, or less, apple has opened up airplay, so you will be able to buy speakers that will receive directly from itunes (or your ios devices)
    ihome has one in particular that looks like it will be nice - link