Wireless plan options not availible in Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spiderhole, Jul 16, 2008.

1. spiderhole macrumors member

I got two iphones tonight and singed up for a new family shared account. There were a couple of things they didn't know about when I asked regarding the at&t service options.

1. For texting, is the $30 unlimited the only option for shared family plans with the iphone? I asked if I could add the $5/mo for 200 txt to each phone but the guy said no.

2. Can I add nights and weekends at 7pm as an option? Apple store didn't offer this either.

3. The Apple guy screwed up and flopped the numbers on the phones, but said he couldn't change it and I'd have to call at&t cs. Should this be a relatively painless process?

2. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

WOW! You actually found an iphone thats in stock. I thought that was a myth..... Anyhooo I loved my service at the at&t store lady was very nice stayed there for 2 hours talking. But ummm did you really expect good service like they are only good with apple items. And if you were to go to the at&t store there are many options that you can take my sister added unlimited media net to her phone alone on our family plan.

3. spiderhole thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I got the very last black 16gb the store had in stock last night. Talk about close!

I understand why Apple wouldn't want to deal with offering all the plan options since the process is slow enough as is. I was just trying to find out the real deal on what at&t offers before calling them since their website is very limited on info.