Wireless Printer Advice......

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gadgetmonster, May 16, 2011.

1. gadgetmonster macrumors regular

Need to get a new printer, HP, epson, lexmark, canon, don't really care about the brand, but it needs to work with 2 verizon iphones and win7 at the same time. The kodak's looked promising but they only have the 5250 that supports direct iphone printing......i'm jailbroken, wife is not. People on amazon really hate the 5250 because it requires the color cartridge to be full and not empty, even to print in black and white.

It just needs to be wireless and I have no real preference on brand...just looking for the least expensive to print.

2. CoryBoyUSA macrumors member

Prior to your post about that Kodak printer working with an iPhone, the only ones I knew even had that capability were the HP models compatible with the AirPrint technology. Have you checked out all the printers on the official compatibility list?

http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/airprint.html

One of those should be the best choice, since they can AirPrint without any hacks or other software that forces it to work.

Best wishes on the printer hunt!

3. minik macrumors 65816

I bought the HP ENVY 100 e-All-in-One Printer along with my MBA last year. With only the power cord, every of my Macs, iOS (non-JB) devices, and even the PS3 recognize it wirelessly within the same network.

My previous AIO printer was a Canon PIXMA MP610, it's solid but no native support for AirPrint.

4. Cogmate macrumors member

I'm looking to AirPrint too, and did check out the the AirPrint compatibility list.
    Every one is an HP printer. Not that I really care ...., but I read many reviews for many different models ranging in price ~ and wow ~ there were a ton of complaints and dissatisfied customers.

I was prepared to purchase one online right then & there ..., but was scared off by so many dissatisfied customers. Not sure what to do now. I hate keeping my fingers crossed when I purchase technology. Don't we all wish to purchase with at least some confidence? Any other way's no fun at all.

So if anyone has solid experiences to share about an AirPrinterer ..., would love to hear about it ! Thanks.

5. jcpenn macrumors member

Do what I did. The Epson Artisan 810 or 835 and Inkrepublic.com refill inksystem - excellent combination for highest quality prints and lowest ink cost. you dont have to worry about cartridge is full or empty, you can always reset the ink level and refill it.
    http://www.inkrepublic.com/iRefill.asp