Wireless printer issue

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MacChris, Sep 3, 2010.

1. MacChris macrumors newbie

MacChris

I have a time capsule with one USB serving our HP all in one printer. I add the printer both of ournMac Books and get it functioning fine through the Bonjour wireless. It works just fine adding a printer as normal. Works well until I turn off both laptops and then the printer will not work. I still see the printer it just won't print. Starts out as the printer service pausing without being prompted to do so and then needs to be restarted. Then won't print at all. Any ideas or suggestions?

2. Username02 macrumors regular

Perhaps the printer is 'sleeping'?

Try sending a test page and if it doesn't print, try hitting the printer's power button or something like that.

I think my gf has a similar issue with her MBP, but I do not with mine or my iMac.

If this is the issue I don;t know how to solve but maybe you can tell me.

3. mangrove macrumors 6502

I'm a little confused with your subject talking "wireless printing" and then your comments talking about "USB" printer. Anyway here goes.

I took my HP all-in-one printer that was USB'd to one of our 4 computers and used the HP menu settings to make it wireless with our Time Capsule. Took a few minutes and now all computers on that in-house wifi network that Time Capsule gives you, print to it wirelessly.

Did you code it to your network? That's all it takes-just like using your Macs on your wireless. Give it a try.

4. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

What about reinstalling updated printer drivers perhaps?

5. fatfreddy macrumors newbie

If both of your macbooks are switched off, how do you expect to print anyway?