Wireless printer not poping up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by blaake, Feb 3, 2013.

1. blaake macrumors regular

Hello, i have a 2012 13" cMBP and it connects fine to my brother wireless printer. i have recently purchased another cMBP but it is a 15". On the new one, my wireless printer is not appearing on the list when i click "add" on the print and scan section of the system preferences. There are currently 2 other macs that connect fine to the printer and appear as normal as well as a windows machine and it works fine when people come over and connect from there computers. The printer works fine and appears as normal when i plug into it directly via usb.

To me it seems as if there is a wireless feature turned off on my machine but im not positive.

hopefully this is a simple fix for some of you and you can help me out!
    Thanks in advance!

2. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

This might be rudimentary, but is your 15" on the same network as the wireless printer? I have a dual band router and have my MBP on the 5GHz band, because the 2.4GHz band is way too saturated at my house, and the throughput is much better on the 5GHz band. Older wireless printers, WiFi enabled DVD players, and game consoles etc. generally are behind in the times and primarily use the 2.4GHz band.

3. blaake thread starter macrumors regular

Yes they are both on the same network. I cant seem to find anything on this problem.