Wireless Printer/Scanner Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by NickL382, Feb 13, 2009.

1. NickL382 macrumors newbie

So, I've tried running the enormous HP photosmart C4500 software bundle/set up CD on my mac to get it going, but to no avail without a USB connection.

Even when I try to manually install the printer via adding an IP printer with the printers IP address typed in, it still wont find it with Airport turned on. When I go to safari and type in the printers IP address, nothing appears, where as in my PC, the printers home page comes up right away, and I managed to manually set up the IP printer in my PC no problem.

I prefer ultimately to manually set up the printer as an IP printer, but wonder if there is a way to also set it up manually as a wireless scanner as well. If not, I'll just have to use the HP software to operate the scanner/printer. I was trying to avoid having all that extra software installed on my computer.

I also have a belkin router 54g I could use, anyone have any tips?

thanks

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Are you using the USB cord to set up the wireless connection? The setup manual says it's required.

This is peculiar, I've always had great luck setting up HP products with both PC's and Macs.