Wireless Printer Sharing Question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by xer0, May 11, 2011.

1. xer0 macrumors newbie

So I just got a brother HL-2270WDW wireless printer. All the setup went fine with my macbook on 10.6.7. After a little researching I am now also able to print off my my idevices with the help of AirPrintActivator.

I have the printer marked under OSX preferences to be shared by anyone.

Now I have a PC on windows XP that is hard wired into my router. Is there anyway I can have my hard wired PC print to the wireless printer? I looked through the network settings and printer settings of the PC and my printer isn't showing up. I'm not even sure if this is possible but if anyone can help it'd be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

haha this is a mac forum who cares about PCs.. I would refer to the manual and check on the windows supporting models, XP isn't that old of an OS. What happened when you tried to print?

3. Dark Dragoon macrumors 6502a

Dark Dragoon

So you have your printer and it's connected to your wireless network right (during setup of the printer it should have been called infrastructure mode)?

In this case it shouldn't matter how you PC is connected to it (wireless or wired), as long as it's on the same network. Also you shouldn't need to do the setup again.

You also wont need to have the printer marked under OSX preferences to be shared.

Have you installed the printer drivers on the PC yet?

4. discounteggroll macrumors 6502

discounteggroll

I'd assign a static IP address outside the DHCP range of the router and install it via that address. Too many possibilities for the dynamic address to change and cause it not to work consistently