Wireless Printer?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by abhiutd, May 4, 2008.

1. abhiutd macrumors newbie

Hi!
    Can someone pls suggest some of the good wireless inkjet printers available ?
    Any help is much appreciated.

Thank You.

2. Trip.Tucker Guest

In order of quality and value...

Canon
    HP
    Epson

3. abhiutd thread starter macrumors newbie

Can you also suggest some of their models? Thanks.

4. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Canon iP90v

http://reviews.cnet.com/inkjet-prin...less/4505-3156_7-32364183.html?tag=prod.txt.2

I purchased one with my MBP as part of the $100 printer rebate offer Apple had and this is absolutely the best printer I've ever had the luxury of owning.

Its just so incredibly small, compact, and easy to use. And since its a bluetooth wireless printer, all I have is the power cable coming out from the printer, and thats it. Its a real beauty to look at.

The only gripe is, to get the bluetooth connectivity, you have to buy the bluetooth adapter, which sells for about $80 on Amazon. But even the adapter is nice because Canon designed it to be installed within the unit itself where it is completely hidden, so there is no ugly dongle sticking outside the printer. But also, since its a portable, wireless printer, just don't expect the best in terms of speed and quality. The ink tanks are also miniaturized so also don't expect this bad boy to be your workhorse for some company office.

That said though, the wireless functionality of it coupled with its extremely compact size was something that I was really looking for in a wireless printer, and ultimately outweighed its shortcomings.

You could, of course, plug in any normal standard inkjet printer into an airport extreme station via USB and make it a network printer, but you still have two cables running out: The USB, and the power cable. With a bluetooth printer, all you need is its power cable :)

And if you want more than one mac computer to use it, simply install the printer drivers and software on each machine so that each can communicate to it. Voila! Network printer!

5. abhiutd thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!
    Are there any all-in-one wireless printers for macs?